Sunday, March 01, 2009

Tough Day at the Office

96.9km this week @ 4:33 average - pretty fast week for me

Mon 9.4k@4:52 easy
Tues am 10.8k@4:39 - easy
Tues pm 9.9k intervals

800/400/400/600/300/300/400/200/200
2:42/1:14/1:13/1:54/54/55/ 1:14/35/ 35

As usual intended to take it fairly easy, ended up running my guts out, stuffed at the end.

Wed 10.1k@4:28 - supposed to be easy but got sucked into racing a guy around the lake did last 3k in 4:00s

Thurs rest day (second non running day for the year, worried re overtraining)
Fri 17.5k@4:21 - 6k@3:57, 1k easy then 4k@3:57
Sat 10.6k@4:40 easy
Sun 28.6k@4:40 Hot and humid morning. Drank a lovely bottle of '01 Bin389 by myself the night before to celebrate finally selling the house. Rob&I took plenty of breaks on this run. Did manage 4:15s for 18-20k and 21-25k.

I'm in sub 3:05 form now, just need to take it one step more to be ready for the goal.
The aim this week - a 20k midweek run, mostly at MP

5 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Epi - you have some leg speed there, mate.

Can you tell me what is your meal plan on a typical day? (brekki, lunch, dinner, snacks)

I'm interested to know becoz 1) you are doing pretty intense training and 2) I can't lose weight (now 70kg+ at 170cm)

trailblazer777 said...

talk about speedy gonzales, some very good numbers for that week...one of my 200's was marginally quicker than yours...hahaha...

Epi said...

Sling -

I have changed my diet a bit this year

Breakfast is a muesli on run days, croissant and coffee on non run mornings

Lunch is my biggest change. As I think I mentioned in a past post, I now make a big salad each sunday to last me all week. It contains chickpeas,Puy lentils and quinoa - all legumes (almost all carb), then diced cucumber, red capsicum, tomato, red onion,spring onion. Apart from a splash of salad dressing there is no other fat in it, but is very big in low GI carbs with some protein.

I have found with this lunch at work (previously it was some type of bread product) I dont get the same need to snack, and if I'm working til 7pm I'll take another container of the salad to snack on at 5-6.

Dinner hasn't changed - pasta dishes predominate.

Sundays after my long run I still treat myself by eating anything and everything I want (bacon&eggs to start with)

homo said...

& I thought it had to do with the antioxidants in the wine...

Great effort - in what range do you keep your HR on the MP runs?

Epi said...

Dont knw about the HR currently Homo,

I'll pop the HRM on again for a couple of runs this week and see how it goes