Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Perry Lakes 3000m (Da do run run)

(not a real song title for not a real post)

Quick update for Clown's benefit, as he couldn't make it
Blustery southwest wind was into your face on the final straight of each lap

The slower race went first, and was won in 11:20 or so by the faster of the boxers who has been doing intervals recently - not sure why he didn't run with us.

We started off and quickly split into groups - First two young guys from intervals, then a group of 7 - including Jon Kappler, Sugar, Gina G-Cassey and Tony Stahl. They ended up finishing all between 9:50 and 10:00.

I sadly ran much of the race alone, feeling more exposed going into the headwind. One guy briefly pulled ahead of me for a lap then I took him again, and the 'green tshirt guy' well known to us from intervals cruised past me with 400m to go as though he was out for a sunday jog. I think I came 11th (clearly a few ringins who dont usually run tuesdays!, and no blond guy who is usually around our pace)

77/84/84/89/89/89/89/37 -10:38 for the 3k

This was about what I was expecting but had hoped for 10:30 flat if I ran really well. I think I ran a little too within myself in the middle laps.

Great fun anyway, held off on a long cooldown to start saving the legs for SixInch
This time is VDOT 54.9 - on track for what it's worth!

4 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Epi,

That's a blistering time, av 3:32 per min/k !!!

I wish I can run that fast !

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent run! beats my PB of 11.11.
Well done!!!!!!!!!!
See you on the trail this weekend!

DC64 said...

Great stuff! Too bad the conditions weren't a little better. Maybe next time... spoke to JK afterwards and he's going to try to make this a twice a year thing. Now for you to experience the other end of the scale at the 6 inch... all the best.

Clown said...

Epi, nice run, would have been tough conditions to run in.

Very disappointed I didn't get to run in this one. I'm sure if both were of us were running we would have spurred each other on to do the sub 10.30.

All the best on the weekend, I still may get down there for support but will talk to you later in the week.

Cheers