Sunday, July 27, 2008

Run For Gold 10k

Quiet training week - did my hill interval session on Tuesday but was still pretty sore post KOTM.

Wed 10.8k @ 4:35 over hilly terrain which ended up a fartlek session I guess.

Thurs and Friday work and weather conspired to stop me running at all, so on Sat I decided to enter the Run4Gold10k. Didn't run on Sat as a taper

Somewhat miserable weather wet, windy), but I felt OK

Started 3:54/3:55/4:03/3:59/4:05 to be pretty much bang on 20min at halfway by Garmin, but it was already 100m ahead of the km markers - thus I was 30sec behind.

Lacking a great deal of motivation I pulled back somewhat for 4:04/4:05/4:09/4:07/4:05. Finished without a sprint - 41:09, 10.17k on Garmin in 4:03 average.

I probably ran at 95% effort - certainly wasn't dead at the end, but doubt I could have run sub40 on this course today.

A couple of weeks without a race now - think I'll skip the Wally cairns in a fortnight, run Joondalup the week after, and then City to Surf a fortnight after that.

Great to see Homo with some form on the back of an 80k week.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

I never perform well in Run4Gold, Burswood Twilight races etc. Joondalup is a much faster course and pretty much a straight line except for a couple of turnarounds.