Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aussie Aussie Aussie...

Taking some energy from the Olympics, I have built up so far this month - 110k in the first 10 days
This week 80k -
Mon 10k @ 4:35 'easy'/progression
Tues am 10k @4:43 easy
Tues pm 5x 1k 3:47/3:48/3:50/3:55/3:47 (9k total)
Wed hill intervals with Rob (10k total)
Thurs off
Fri 10k @ 4:43 easy
Sat 22k @ 5:03 - ran city to surf course with brotherinlaw and Rob
Sun 5k tempo @ 4:06 (9k total)

So a bit of quality there - didn't run Wally Cairns race this am due to work commitments.
I feel I'm starting to get back to the pace I was running in March pre Canberra Marathon, which bodes well for my City to Surf chances.

We'll see how things go for this Sunday. I'm keen to maintain some volume this week as C2S is my main goal, but my wife is away this weekend so I'll probably head up to the Joondalup race anyway. I may just limit the quality work to Tuesday and Wed, make Thurs-Sat easy runs and see how I perform on Sunday. Also depends upon whether I gt much sleep this week watching the Olympics - luckily with the same timezone, no real middle of the night stuff.

I've varied my shoes more these past 2 weeks as well, running in Asics (2110, 2130 and DS trainers), Mizuno (wave inspire), and Adidas ( Adistar control and the Supernova control)

3 comments:

homo said...

It's in the hills, the C2S.
Your times are looking good & your shoe collection resembles mine. Bet you get the jibes about having a shoe fetish.

I'll see you on Sunday then, not sure about the 41:30, though, that's 4:09/k!

Clown said...

You're on fire at the moment.

Think you'll do a pb on Sunday if you don't train too hard this week.

trailblazer777 said...

Oy! Oy! OY!

looking good again Epi...
great week there...

I agree with H, C2S is all about how well you handle the hills, and a fast start doesnt hurt either with the crowd these days...which is why as long as they have a Half, I wont be doing the 12k again unless I am running sub 4 min 15 per k most of the way...I see an american woman managed to overhaul two kenyans and get bronze in the 10,000m!

Hope Joondalup is good, and keep watching those Aussies.
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
OY Oy oY!
Aussie! Aussie!
OY OY!
Aussie!
Oy!