Sunday, June 29, 2008

Next week Perth Marathon

Didn't post last week, but not too much to report

Last week - 52k with Sunday 25k @ 4:48
This week - 40k with Sunday 17.6k @ 4:37

I'm still running well, fast in my tempo/intervals, pretty comfortable in the longer runs.

It's coming to decision time for marathon pacing. Whilst I think I'll leave the decision until the day, I think in the end I'll probably set off t get to halfway in 96-97, then continue at that pace on the way back and see when/if I run into trouble from lack of endurance. It may be a painful day bu I may as well have a chance at a 3:15-3:20.

The alternatives are heading out harder with Rob - but I'll probably pay for that dearly, or going out in 100 for the half with a better chance of bringing it home OK.

We'll see, but history tells I'm not good at holding back!

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

I think 1:36-1:37 for the first half is a good idea. If you can maintain an even pace, you still have a shot for a PB.

trailblazer777 said...

I reckon the 96 or with Rob is the go...but thats my racing tactic/habit...i cant see the point of bringing it home and potentially being too slow in the first half...even if it might make better physiological economical sense...better not to die wondering I reckon...

re pasta night, I'd love to be there, but cant make anything after 1730... thanks again for the offer to shout me, but I'm working an 1800-0200 in callcentre on the Friday night, and Ive already gone to great lengths to try and avoid finishing at 0200 on the saturday night (or get out of my saturday shift altogether)...sorry...