Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heatwave

Perth's been HOT this January - average max 32.9, last eight days 32+, and the next six forecast similarly.
I've been running early mornings to beat the heat, but it's still tough

This contributed to a somewhat lower mileage this week - 87.8km @ 4:54

Mon 10.1 @ 4:56 recovery
Tues 11.1@ 4:53 easy
Wed rest day
Thurs 15.3k @ 4:35 - hill/fartlek
Fri 10.4@ 4:51 easy
Sat 10.1@ 5:20 - run with brother-in-law
Sun 30.8km @ 4:56 long run

Heavy legs on Tuesday, my 12th straight day running, so I took a rest day, and did feel very good coming back on Thurs am around the Bold Park loop

This morning ran with Rob, we actually ran quite steadily at 4:45-4:55 pace for most of the run, but a fairly strong effort around Bold Park in the first 10k probably knocked a bit much out of me. Fought on the rest of the run and still ran up Hale road hills well, but at the end I felt more tired than I have in the previous 3 long runs - heat and effort perhaps a little too much.

Mizunos doing very well - have gone up half a size and need to lace tightly to fit, but much happier in these than the new 2130s.

4 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Sounds good.
interesting stat re 32C+ days,and post on msgbrd 2.
sounds like you are beating the heat fairly well.
I'm curious what model Mizunos u r using? specially since my soon 2 b lawyer brother said he may get something cheap from china...

trailblazer777 said...

oops silly me...I see its in your previous post the Wave Inspires...

homo said...

Very impressive, I admire your guts in going out so late given the heat. I have to head out between 5 and 5:30am, otherwise I am pretty much blotto as soon as the sun comes out.

You and Clown are absolutely going to blitz the Boston qualifier time.

Keep it up!

homo said...

Oh, yes, I finally managed to update my own blog.