Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pleasing Progress

87km 4:55 average

Mon 9.3k @ 5:07
Tues 10k @ 5:03
Wed 17.1k @ 4:38
Thurs rest
Fri 10.3k @ 4:38
Sat10.1k @ 4:47
Sun 30.2k @ 5 :06

Aside from my regular morning 10k aerobic runs, this week I added a 17k midweek run, which I did on Wed pm. Overall it was at 4:38 pace, although the first 5k was at 5's, the last 10k at 4:30s, over hilly terrain.

This morning 30k with Rob. I had a hangover, so was happy with the 5:06 pace, made it up the Hale Rd hill this time!

Ahead a 95-100k week again with the longer midweek run and perhaps a fartlek/long interval session, depending upon how the legs feel. I was toying with running Christchurch 12k next sunday but dont want interrupt my progression of long runs and increasing mileage yet. Think I'll wait for the Matilda Bay 10k next month - at that point I'll be due an easy week, and hopefully with six big weeks under my belt will have made the gains necessary for a sub40.

I've now done my biggest fortnight ever at 168k - body still feels OK, motivation is holding

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Great build up. Nice pace for the medium run mid week to. I wish I could run that far at that pace in Singapore. Perhaps do Christchurch as a tempo workout?

trailblazer777 said...

Two very good weeks of running there...impressive! Way to go!!!
Building a great! base? ...