Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just short of the century

96.24km @ 4:51 average.

The heat beat me this week - hot nights wed and thurs prevented the midweek medium long night run, so I stuck with all mornings. Unforetunately working mon-sat, I'm limited in how long I can be out there for in the am.

Mon 10.12k @ 4:54 - recovery
Tues 10.98k @ 4:49 - aerobic, as the shins felt sore
Wed 11.50k @ 4:48 - hilly run around Bold Park with 4k tempo -ish 4:25s at end
Thurs 10.40k@ 4:43 - aerobic/progression (flat)
Fri 10.88k @ 4:56 - Hill efforts and 2k tempo interval on hot/humid morning
Sat 10.09k@ 4:44 - aerobic/progression (flat)
Sun 32.38k @ 4:54 - long run

Ran up to Kings Park starting about 6:50 - missed Rob and decided to continue down to the river, ran around to Matilda Bay and saw the winners of the WAMC run nearing the end of their run going the other way. Continued on to Christchurch, then down to City Beach and back home.

1st 15k in 5:00s, then 7k at 4:50s, 4k @4:40s, then finished off in 5-5:10s last 6k. Pushed a bit hard in the mid section then died coming back up the hill from City Beach.

I ran in new Mizuno Wave Inspires - very nice shoe although slightly firm ride. Disappointed again with the Asics2130s - felt like my feet were slapping the ground, may need to give up on this series completely. Sad, beacuse they fit my foot like a glove. Will try to find some discounted Brooks Adrenalines to try also (Brooks store at Harbourtown useless)

Will next week mark the magic 100k? My wife goes away for 10days on Wed, so will leave me with a bit more time for training. I dont want to fall into the trap of adding a short second run in the day purely to fill the numbers up, and unfortunately this week looks hot as well, so evening mod-long run may be out again.

Ten 6:30 am runs in a row - motivation must still be OK!

2 comments:

Clown said...

Great effort, nice pace for long run, looks as though your form is really good and great to see the motivation still there.
Sorry, I missed you Sun am as per my blog.

trailblazer777 said...

Going well!!! "just short of the century" hey, you been watching the cricket? clever title.