Sunday, December 02, 2007

Two Weeks To Go!

A bit of an anticlimax this week

Ran my 4x10-11k Tues-Fri mornaings. Mixture of easy, tempo, progression runs. Even did a final km in 4:00 to gently test the body for speed ( also becouse there was a lady running ahead of me at 4:30 pace and once I passed her I had to keep going fast to maintain my pride)

Fri pm I developed a sore throat and general aches - had been a virus around the last fortnight - likely I was going to get it! So no run saturday. Today felt OK on waking so did a gentle 20k with drink stop every 5k, and feel pretty good now (although that may also have something to do with what I drank at the work christmas barbeque this arvo).

Might try to stretch a 15-20k tomorrow if I still feel well to push the distance a little more, although I am very aware of advice saying theres not much to be gained in the last 2 weeks, only chances to f*** things up.

4 comments:

homo said...

Just keep that virus away - otherwise, now is the time to start taking it easy. Especially with a lurgy hanging about, you want to give your body an chance to rest and recover before the big day.

Clown said...

As homo said, just take it easy over the next couple of weeks and be nice and rested for the big day.

May come and run part of 6 inch with you if I get a chance

Sling Runner said...

Seems like everytime you are about to race, you always get the virus !!

Epi said...

Sling,

You are right - I think perhaps when I'm about 3 weeks out from a big race I do too hard a session, and with my work, am always exposed to some nasty bugs - so with the drop in immune function after a high intensity run, I get a virus.

This is something I hope to learn from in this years Perth marathon