Sunday, December 30, 2007

07 Review, 08 Ahead

First up - 64km week - pretty good for recovery week 2 post SixInch. Included my first interval session in a long while - 1k/1k/600/600/500/500/400/400 for 5k of intervals all at 3:40-3:45 pace. And today 24k with Rob.

Year in Review:

Comparative runs - Started 07 with Christchurch, MatBay, Darlington and Asics all significantly faster than06. Then slowed to run Challenge, FreoHalf and Perth32k in similar or slower times than 06

PBs - 10k down by 7seconds, HM no improvement, Marathon 4 min faster, City to Surf 15sec faster.

2 offroad marathon plus runs

So - a minor improvement on 06 but not up to my expectations. I hit my PB form early in the year but never went beyond that. Again peaked too early and was on the downhill slide by Perth Mara

2008 Goals

Feb: Sub 40min 10k at Matilda Bay

April: Canberra Marathon locked in - 3:15 goal time. Goal is preparation with at least 5 weeks at 100k plus in the next 3 months.

Doing Canberra with the changes to WAMC program this year means I'll do very few early season runs - would interfere with long runs.

Second half of the year will see Perth Mara PB (3:15), City to Surf PB (sub48), Half mara sub 1:30 and SixInch 4:15

Getting Lore of Running for Christmas has sparked my interest in training, and doing the SixInch in December prevented the lull I've had in Oct-Dec in '05 and'06.

Training with Rob, who is in better form than me currently, should hopefully stretch me towards his level, and the 3:15 goal which would see Boston 09 qualification.

I hope to be a bit more specific in recording of my distances and sessions over the next 12 weeks as I build up 10% per week to a max of 100-110k weekly.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Way to go!
All the best with the very achievable 3.15 target at Canberra and Perth. I hope to be there for my 5th Perth and hopefully show up for 6-inch this year! Ive heard a lot of recommendations for Lore of Running over the years from various sources, have to get a copy one of these days, maybe this year. Hope 2008 is a big year filled with PB's for a few of us!