Sunday, August 05, 2007

Building speed (hopefully!)

As I headed out for my early run today I was sorry I didn't try to get to Run4Gold 10k, perfect conditions and i felt great after a light week with family here from the US. I decided to do some longer interval stuff.

After 3k warmup did the last 3k of CityToSurf course in 11:30, then after a jog did flat 2k in 7:50, then 1.5k in 6:00, then 1k in 3:54, and 1k in 3:52. So 8.5k of intervals in under 4:00 pace. Also did a 400m uphill sprint in 4:00 pace to round things off. Was hoping to do 10k of intervals in under 40, but ran out of time.

Legs were 'trashed' at the end to use a Widi'ism, but lifted confidence a bit for the goal of sub40 10k.

Wife goes on holidays next Friday, so should have a strong last fortnight training before C2S, and will probably do the Vets 10k or HM with Rob &Widi next Sunday

4 comments:

WS said...

Wow ! 8.5k @ sub 4:00 pace, that's awesome! Weather forecast for Sunday looks good at the moment!

homo said...

I'd say. I am quite envious and feel like scratching a blackboard.

Will be seeing the orthopod on Thursday, don't care anymore what the verdict is, as long as there is some improvement possible.

In the meantime I'm following the exploits of you guys!

Rich said...

Impressive training there.. sure looks like a great prep for the c2s! I'm 50/50 to enter in it at this stage.

trailblazer777 said...

im feeling a bit like henry right now, but thats the ups and downs of life and running. Excellent intervals! thats special, and IMO you may have taken a major step towards an A-grade (sub 48min or sub 4min per k) 12k at C2S there if you can back up and improve your times on that session.

I hope to do C2S half marathon Im about 70/30 just now.