Sunday, July 29, 2007

ISQ

3 weeks post marathon, not too much to report

Have done some interval sessions - 5x1k in 3:40 - 3:45 on 2 consecutive Tuesdays. Speed has flared some mild patellar tendonitis, so I've pulled back a touch.

Tried to do some hill sessions but have felt sluggish on days other than the intervals (?doing them too hard). 40-60k in the last couple of weeks.

I was going to do the Run4Gold but a family christening clashes so will push on training this week and leave racing til the C2S in 4 weeks. Don't think I'm quite at sub40 anuway, so the uninterrupted training is probably better. Might throw in a timetrial next Sunday pm anyway - was thinking of heading out at 4min/k and seeing how long I can last.

Nepal seems more imminent as I've nw bought all my equipment including boots (Raichle Mt Crest GTX). In September will hopefully do some walks to break them in.

4 comments:

WS said...

Nice intervals (wish I can run that fast) A sub-48 C2S target looks a bit daunting for me right now. Keep on training and see you in 4 weeks.

Rich said...

As widi said, u definitely have some quick intervals going there... I'm yet to really get into the speed work as am building up endurance amidst minor injuries. I'm about 50/50 for the Run4Gold as I would like to see how things have progressed since the last 10km race a few months ago.. if all feels well I may just go along for the experience & prepare for the c2s.

trailblazer777 said...

Im with Widi,
excellent intervals!

I used to be able to run that fast, maybe will again if consistently train well for long enough and improve my lifestyle enough.

I may do the C2S half marathon, and I am hoping to be at run for gold but baby and wife takes priority of course, a very busy time for us. all the best with the legendary nepal plans, I might be heading for stirling ranges sometime soon.

not sure why youd be sluggish, only thought is that intervals usually need 24-48 hours recovery as they do take a lot out of the system, especially hills intervals...

WS said...

Epi,

Me and Rob have 'grown old' and we are thinking to do a Masters run (over 30 y.o) on 12 Aug. I plan to do 10k if the conditions are right, otherwise will do a HM with Rob. It will start at Burswood, check out the Masters Aths WA website.