Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Official result

Your Net time:
02:57:51
Your Gun time:
02:57:54
Your first-half split (Net Time):
01:28:59
Your first-half split (Gun Time):
01:29:03

That would make second Half 1:28:52
7 second negative split


So I've consumed some fatty food and some very nice wine, and celebrated as well as possible with wife away in US/Europe

Having achieved a goal which took 5 years and 8 marathon starts to achieve, there is a considerable let down feeling and sense of aimlessness
Luckily running is such a part of my life that I couldn't fathom not continuing to run regularly
Boston is the next significant goal, and with the sub 3 out of the way, and Clown's sub 3 on the way, we can relax and enjoy it.
Beyond that I guess it's hard to go from there. There is no great marathon milestone in my reach, unless averaging sub 4 min/km counts

5k and 10k runs don't really push my buttons. Ultras are attractive but very hard work
I did toy with the idea of challenging my year 12 school athletics results - 2:04 800m and 4:21 1500m

I entered the marathon time in the VDOT calculator - comes in at 54.3
Predicted times
5k 18:34
10k 38:31
HM 1:25:13
1500m 5:01
3000m 10:44


Short term I've got a nasty left hip flexor strain with a noticeable swelling in the groin (get your mind out of the gutter), so I expect a couple of weeks before I'm running again

5 comments:

Craig Dufty said...

I don't know about you but for me a 2:30 marathon would seem more achievable than those year 12 athletics times.

Epi said...

Ha,

They do seem bit far away to be honest. And to think that only got me into second division at school athletics

Clown said...

Very impressive doing a negative split, hope the recovery is going well.

Hope you can come and pace me re Freo, that is if I can keep up.

Anonymous said...

Mate fantasic effort...I dream of a time like that. You chose a tough course to get a sub 3 well done. I'm envious

trailblazer777 said...

Massive congratulations again.
I think the 2.57 on THAT course is equivalent to low 2.50's at least on a flat course...

Your 2.04/4.21, beats my 2.16?/2.23/4.52/5.00..I remember running a crosscountry race for my school at Hale School in the late 80's one time...I reckon if I was at a PSA school I wouldnt have got to run...maybe at an ACC school I would have made the team...although I did get 16th in the 1991 state crosscountry for WSHS...which Ingraham and Kolbe both medalled in...might be a good change of scene to join a track club and try out some racing against the young guns on the new track, was thinking about maybe doing that again actually before one gets too old, if not already the case...then there is Masters...DaveK and I did the track thing 2002-2004...

Probably a sub 2.45 might be the best option though...or maybe work on the Half time instead...or take up skiing? or visit the Bahamas...All the best with the recovery...enjoy the time off, time in the mountains and come back hard for Boston next year...