Sunday, September 20, 2009

Freo HM

Happy enough with this week

Tuesday Tempo 10k in 38:45 -eased in with a 4:08/4:05, then 5k in 18:40, and had to work the last 3k into the wind in 3:50s. This was to test my knee pre the Half, and things were fine

Thurs and Fri 12k each 3 laps around the tan. I did one fast lap on Fri am but I forgot my Garmin charger so not sure how fast it was. Ran anticlockwise this time which feels the harder way to do it.

Sun - Freo HM in about 86 flat. No exact time as I didn't enter - in Melbourne wed-fri and working sat am, should have entered online but didn't ,and they've stopped on the day entries. Felt a bit of a freeloader running without entering but I only had about 3 plastic cups of water en route and would happily have paid had they let me.

I ran with Rob as a bit of a pacer - 19:34/19:44/20:40/20:46 the 5k splits. I felt fine most of the run but had to dig a bit in the last 2k into the wind as Rob pushed things up a notch. I tried to be surreptitious finishing to the side of the chute, but a few people gave me some funny looks.

Great PB for Rob who's injuries didn't slow him down much this time and hopefully builds some confidence for Melbourne. Also solid efforts from Gunner and Coops - both looked comfortable each time I crossed paths with them. TB was handing out drinks - many thanks (looks like you've lost some weight - can see it in your face)

Go the Cats!

6 comments:

Clown said...

Once again, thanks very much for running with us, much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Epi,
Mate you just cruised today you looked so strong. The firt few K's you guy's were flying, I'm glad I stopped for a pit stop. I did try to catch but realised that the effort it was going to take was outside my game plan. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. What's next on your running agenda?

Gunner

Sling Runner said...

Good 10k tempo run on Monday. Wish I can run those times at races :)

Great pacing job. Rob is a lucky chap.

Biscuitman said...

Nice run - you've bounced back really well from the C2S.

Are you going to run the Freo Fun Run on the 4th?

trailblazer777 said...

You are still on fire! If you hold onto this momentum, its going to be very interesting what unfolds in 2010..
good stuff on running as a pacer anyway...

DC64 said...

Yeah, I saw you slink off to the side... not allowing on the day entries is a little silly I reckon, and I bet you weren't the only one. Great running, you've obviously recovered well from your stellar effort at C2S. May see you all at the track this evening ... you should come do the 10 at Freo.