Sunday, April 06, 2008

T minus seven

Taper week 2, managed to hold back the distance if not the intensity.

56.4k @ 4:41

Monday 9.5k recovery @4:54
Tues 10.1k@4:28. 5k continuous in 19:54 - was going to run tempo pace but felt so good cruised along at 4min/k pace. Could comfortably have gone further but didn't want to overdo it
Wed rest
Thurs 10k@4:45 progression from easy to tempo
Fri rest
Sat 9.7k@4:33 marathon pace (a bit faster)
Sun 17.1k@4:45. 'long' run with Rob. Had to hold ourselves back regularly as perhaps nervous energy pushed us along at MP. Stopped for 10mins in the middle to watch the bridges funrunners go past.


So plenty of speed from recent sharpening weeks. Could definitely run 5k/10k PBs at present.
Need to really take it easy this week - looking at maybe 20-25k total, no tempo
Flying out Friday, carbo loading last 3-4 days
Excited? You bet

4 comments:

homo said...

Epi -

Let's not get too excited, right?

Check your email. We'll talk at the end of the week.

homo said...

Run with you guys?

I knew you were from the Dark Side!

No, I will not be tempted, never, no, I will not, no, never, I think, mmmh, no, never, aaaah, you are messing with my mind, nooooooooooooo.......

Sling Runner said...

Is Tuesday's tempo run your PB for 5k? A sub 3:15 is well on the cards. All the best.

Epi said...

Tanks Widi,

I ran 19:50 for the first 5k of Matilda Bay in Feb, which is my official PB, so the tempo was pretty close.

Look to be making some significant improvements on my 5 and 10k PBs in the second half of the year