Sunday, July 01, 2007

A week to go!

Did a little more this week - 42km total

Monday - 10k at 5:15 pace - wore HRM first time in a long time and kept it under 160
Wed - 10k at Marathon Pace - HRM again 170
Thurs - 5x1k at 3:55-4:00 pace. av.HRs in mid 180s in last couple
Sun - 12k with Rob over section of marathon course (narrows-canning br) in 4:50s

I'm trying to gauge where I am at. Wed/Thurs runs felt great. Todays run left my legs aching and have felt sluggish all day. The run felt OK, but I wan't talking as comfortably as in the 32k at the same pace.

Might just be a result of postflu and low kms - not really off but not quite as sharp as I'd like.

Thurs night 7pm. BYO - Pasta House 885 Beaufort Street Shop4 Cnr 9th Ave Inglewood, Behind the Post Office. Booked for 6 with 4 confirmed so far, ?TB 5th, ?Rich interested or one of the other army of readers.

5 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

COOL! sounds like excellent training IMO Epi.

sounds like the 12k was a pretty solid one...and all the sessions look spot on pacewise for that 3.15 sort of zone, way to go!

I'll see you all there in Inglewood then, please save/reserve me a spot. I appreciate the venue being on eastern side of freeway this year.

check out the countdown clock I installed on my blog in the next few days...

I'm reminded of a comment I saw on someones blog in the eastern states before a marathon...it went something like this;
Trust your training, if you haven't done it by now (with less than a week to go) its probably not going to make tha much difference in this race. the final week countdown...

Rich said...

Sounds like the prep is going well for the big one on the weekend... Good luck to all of you running it!

Dinner sounds good to me on Thursday and I can confirm that I'll be there. Who's name will it be under? as I probably won't recognise anyone :)

Epi said...

Thanks TB - adrenaline should be a great viral cure. BTW, you and Rob are both lame for not getting the blood tests done! Think of the contribution to medical science!And i dont want to be the only one going pale and passing out from the needle after the run;)

Rich - should be under Bradsell - look for the table of skinny nerdy thirty something guys, that'll be us!

homo said...

Boy am I jealous of you (& everyone else who can run, or walk for that matter).
You'll do just fine. I think pre-marathon tiredness is just a question of perception and the body's reaction to recovering.

As for me, my right knee has decided to seriously stuff itself. Old army injury, I think. Have an appointment with the good doctor tomorrow pm and then we'll see what else needs to be done to have it properly checked out.

All the best for Sunday!

PS. Would like to join you for dinner as well, but have to dash down south - quite apart from wanting to be called "thirtysomething" again :-))!

Epi said...

Sorry Homo, Thought you were in Europe already, otherwise would have emailed you. Sorry to hear about the knee, hope it gets sorted out quickly so you can still do Rotto/6inch