Sunday, June 24, 2007

Nothing week

Amazingly almost exactly the same time I got sick last year, it happened again.

Felt great in a recovery run Tuesday. Woke wednesday with virus. Sick wed -fri I pushed on at work perhaps prolonging the illness. Saturday morning I had middle ear infection and started antibiotics and rest.

Hope to be well again midweek to regain confidence, minimal fitness loss and prime myself for the race.

I'm now wondering whether the only way I can prepare properly for the marathon is to take a few weeks off work, or run at another time of the year! Unfortunatey June is prime virus season and being exposed to 100+ of the worst affected each week means getting one is almost unavoidable.

Cant do anything about it now. Taking Monday pm off work, will play it by ear before starting up again. Last year perhaps ran too early and had relapse.

1 comment:

WS said...

Try to squeeze in a few short recovery runs (minimal effort). I also suggest you do a session of 4-5 x 1k reps @ 10k pace (this week only) in order to maintain fitness since your mileage has dropped.