Monday, May 30, 2011

3 weeks to Perth

Ran about 85k this week - nothing too exciting to report

10k am, 11k pm Tuesday each 4:25-4:30
16k@4:25 wed
12k Friday 4:30
11k Saturday 4;30
23k Sunday 4;35

Achilles and left hammy giving me some strife after last Sunday's race, so it was all easy/medium, but nearly all on hilly terrain around Bold Park.

Sunday's longer run felt terrible - combination of little carb intake the night before, none on the morning, and the after effects of a tennis game on sat pm.

I expect to run similar mileage the next two weeks before tapering to 40-50k in the leadup six days to perth

I've decided to aim for just under 3 hours, hopefully running with Sling and Clown

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

I think you are much fitter than I am judging from your recent race.

I plan to go out at sub-3 pace, but most likely will fade in the 2nd half.

Epi said...

It's tough to know. I agree my 10k pace is currently good, but I'm not really sure where my endurance stands. I'll be much happier running 2:59 and finishing strong than targetting 2:54 and struggling home.

On your side, it's just so hard given the difference in conditions. I remember thinking you were struggling last year then you came to Melbourne and ran a brilliant solo 10k time trial.

Either way, should be a fun race