Sunday, November 01, 2009

Off to Sagarmāthā

Quick update post before flying out tonight.

Not much going on running wise in recent weeks. Once I realised that the John Gilmour 10k track was postponed until after I'd left, there was no event to prepare for.

I ran 250km in October - mainly 10-15k runs - easy, medium, fartlek. On Friday I ran a 6.5k tempo at 3:50s which felt a little harder than it would have 2 months ago.

If we can find somewhere nice to run, and I can throw off yet another niggling virus, Clown&I might do a couple of light jogs in Kathmandu, before the trekking starts in earnest.

My Boston Marathon confirmation has come in the mail and they've taken my money, so that's well and truly in my thoughts already. I've downloaded some elevation profiles from MapMyRun (each a little different as the Garmin altitude function isn't that great) and also of Perth runs, to find some corresponding hills to train on. I was surprised to see the significant overall altitude drop at Boston, and that the gradient of the hills doesn't match the two in the City to Surf Marathon, although they do come later. I'm sure Sugar and Biscuitman can give me a blow-by-blow of these hills!

Anyway, back in 3 weeks relaxed, fit, and ready to launch a short but concerted training block for SixInch

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

All the best in Nepal! see you at 6 inch! matching the Perth hills to the Boston hills sounds cool.
pity about the late JG 10k program date change, but you have heaps in the bank by the sounds, and the mountains will be a good mental change of scene I'd suspect, and will probably enhance/take things to another level physically.

vrinda said...

well thats good for nepal.. but if u been to nepal, y didn't u come to india.. coz if u want to have real tracking and other adventrous sport.. visit india- ganga river rafting himalayas tracking !!!