Sunday, November 09, 2008

Born to Run

'The Boss' (Bruce Springsteen) 1975. Hmm... perhaps I'm giving away my musical tastes with my first 3 post titles - need to find something more recent to appeal to the younger audience.

Lower mileage this week (76k total)- entirely due to laziness - couldn't get myself out of bed in the mornings so no run Mon or Friday as I worked too late.

Tues Intervals - 1600 hard. 3 min rest. 1600 of 100hard/100float, 3 min rest. 1600 hard
1.62 in 5:48 (3:34min/k)
1.62 in 6:01 (3:43min/k) - includes the 'floats'
1.62 in 5:45 (3:33min/k)

Happy with the session - especially that the fast/slow one was only a little slower.
12.6k all up

Wed 12.56k @ 4:28 - progression run to 10k, then eased back
Thurs 8.17k @ 4:19 - started after work at 7pm - so kept it short
Sat 29.3k @ 5:16

'recon' run of part of the sixinch course. Ran the 1st half as a group - return run with Nathan faster (1st 10k 5:31min/k, 2nd 10k 5:13min/k, last 9k 4:59min/k)
Very enjoyable to be out there - trialled a belt pack ($17 Target) holding a 600ml bottle (and another bottle in my hand) and it was much more comfortable than a camelbak.
The legs really felt the hills, kinda forgot just how hilly it is!
Somewhat delayed return to Perth as a couple of the guys decided to take an unplanned detour - alls well that ends well! I also discovered that the Garmin has a 'breadcrumbs' function to follow a previous track - how could I have had it so long and never used it - I guess because it's hard to get lost running the same 3 or 4 tracks all the time.

Marshalled at Founders 10 miler this am and had the job of timekeeper - those times are the most accurate you'll see on the calendar - had 3 timers going at once to ensure precision, and I stood exactly at the finish line to ensure accuracy.

I might do Penninsula next weekend - the only problem is that I want to do the 10k, but if Rob does the 5k there is no way I'm going to be able to hold myself back from following him at the start. Having said that, its not a 2 lap race, so my issue with giving up after 5k/one lap will not be an issue.


Sun 13.2k @ 4:41 - easier run

Total 76k for the week

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

A PB in the Peninsula Run should be on the cards given your solid intervals and general training paces.

Clown said...

You'll be in front of me anyway.

I'm still tempted to do the 10k but will see how the week goes first before deciding.