Sunday, June 09, 2013

One week to Marathon

1st taper week 120km - not really a taper in terms of mileage but kept intensity easy  - 10k at MP on sat am and a 28.5k@4:25 on Sunday morning with Rob

2nd taper week 75k - more the way a taper week should be - overall average pace 4:15

Tues pm did a 4x1600m session with 2min float recoveries with Rob - ended up running a continuous 7.8k@3:36 - so pretty much 8k at 10k race pace.

Sunday (today) was going to do a 20k dress rehearsal but I was called up for volunteer duties at the lake Monger run - ended up being a bit silly as there were heaps of volunteers standing around with nothing to do - the most useful service I performed was pinning the finishers ribbons on the kids who did the 'little mongrels run' (including TBs kids). I did get to see both Rob and Liam PB in the 10k though.

So I ended up going out at midday with the intention of doing 20k with a few MP in the middle. Ended up average pace for the 20k of 3:59, so a little too fast - the easy kms weren't so easy and the MP kms were at 3:50s. Dont think I did any harm from this though, just need to ensure I go easy from here (starting with no run tomorrow)

No comments: