Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sore quads

Funny training week this week - suffered a viral gastro in the first half of the week which didn't really affect my running but left me with fatigue the rest of the time, and i had nasty quad soreness persisting all week, which seemed out of proportion to my flat fast finish 30k last Sunday - not sure if the virus exacerbated this.

Monday 12k easy @4:47
Tues am 16k with 8k at tempo (3:49)
Tues pm 7.25k recovery @ 4:41
wed 21.3k@4:29
Thurs pm 10k recovery @4:48
Fri am 21k@4:35
Sat am 14k@4:36
Sun am 31k@4:39

Nothing much to remark on the runs beyond the first paragraph. All were dominated by sore quads but I was able to run through this. This mornings long run with Rob was along part of the Perth marathon course and a nice comfortable pace.

In the end, 132k for the week - getting it done

4 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Hi Craig - check the google docs spreadsheet

DB on the run said...

if you dont have sore quads you aint running far enough!

Sling Runner said...

Great mileage.

Do you usually go for sports massage? I am a big fan of massages and will have one every 2 weeks.

Epi said...

Thanks guys.
Sling - I've never had a sports massage.I think i have personal space issues - don't like anyone touching me (other than my wife!)