Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Invisible Man

I seem to have become the Invisible man of the WAMC. After not appearing on the results sheet for the marathon last year, once again my name wasn't on the sheet for point Walter last week.

On the plus side, Stephen Jones in the M50 category (who happens to have a very similar number to mine), is likely to be very pleased with his run of the same time as mine, after it appears not running for some years.

This week saw the second prep week before starting my full training in earnest.

Monday am 13k @ 4:31
Tuesday am 10k@ 4:38
Tuesday pm 13k incl 10k@4:00 - overcooked this one in the heat, around Herdsman and walked home
Wednesday pm 10k@ 4:45 treadmill - ensuring recovery after Tues pm
Thursday am 13k@4:37
Friday am 11k@4:35
Saturday am 11k@4:35
Sunday am 30k@4:43 - long run, solo initially but came across Laurie & Paul and ran with them from 7-20k, then back home Hale Rd hill alone

111k for the week, all going well. As I hit 24k this morning it hit me that this would be the distance for one of my midweek medium runs pretty soon.

I enjoyed watching B'Man's race videos this week, and then the Sydney Track Classic. I haven't been a great fan of Collis Birmingham in the past - he doesn't seem to have the X Factor that guys like Mottram and Gregson have - but he does look in incredible shape at the moment. Meanwhile John Steffensen - you need to be running a lot faster than 45:61 to get away with talking such crap after the race.

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

I know how you feel re invisible man - David Cane and I are both missing from the Vets Friendship Run results. No big deal as we weren't "racing" but I think we were 9th and 10th so it would have been nice to crack a mention.