Sunday, October 23, 2011

Building a little base

4 weeks since the last post, and I've progressed generally as planned
Unfortunately week 1 was affected by a viral infection - jet lag and straight back to work didn't agree with each other obviously.

week 2 90k, all easy to mid paced and a 24k Sunday long run

Week 3 102k,
Tuesday solo interval session on the track Tuesday - 3k in 10:28 then 4x400m,
Sunday 27k long run including Hale Rd

Week 4 104k
Tuesday solo interval session - 4x1k/200m float - covered track 5k in 17:58, 2min standing recovery then 2x1k with 200m float, similar pace.
Saturday 10k tempo in 39:10 - midday run in somewhat warm/humid conditions
Sunday 25k long run over Hale Rd

I feel I'm probably back where I was before my holiday now, with 10k race on the 4th November a little earlier than I'd like in terms of fitness, but should still be able to break a 'soft' official 10k PB of 37:30

On a side note, I bought a scond hand treadmill today. I was a little reluctant to post this as I know treadmill running is anathema to many running purists, especially in Perth. I really just dont cope with the hot weather in Perth summer, and have suffered before from the results of trying to get out there on very hot days.Last year I took several trips to gyms esp for afternoon runs on treadmills.

After a bit of research I was left to decide between a new 'home' treadmill from Orbit/Elite/Rebel etc or a second hand 'commercial' one. I ended up getting an ex-gym Life Fitness treadmill which is one most of us will have run on at various commercial and hotel gyms over the years. It was cheap but obviously, without a warranty, only time will tell if it was a bargain!

1 comment:

Biscuitman said...

Good stuff Craig - those track workouts are great running.