Sunday, August 15, 2010

Going to Melbourne! (probably)

It took a series of things for me to decide to run Melbourne.

Firstly, I was keen to be there to celebrate Clown's milestone birthday. Then I thought... if a middle aged guy like him can still run Marathons, so should I.

Second, I've not had any time off since Boston, and don't have any planned until New Year, so a weekend away is due.

Thirdly, I read Sling's post about entries running out, and thought I better sign up just in case.

Luckily, although the website says the field limt is 4500, I was allocated number 4591 - so either they exceeded the limit, or not all of the low numbers were allocated.

In the 2 weeks since my last post, I've run about 70km each week, all slower than marathon pace, average 4:37. I've set no specific goal in training or on the day, we'll just see how things pan out. Just need to arrange the flights and accomodation

Meanwhile a very long weekend at the new house has seen a transformation from dusty wasteland into huge lawn and neat garden bed. I might have to look into Jim's mowing!

3 comments:

Clown said...

Great to hear that the running is going well. Good news re Melb, jeez, it has filled up quickly.

Great work re the house, I'll employ you to work on our yard :).

trailblazer777 said...

Awesome...could be a bloggers reunion of sorts...good news, all the best with the house, and good to hear the running is still ticking over...Your coasting is stratosphere to others...

Sling Runner said...

Great news, Epi.