Sunday, April 25, 2010

The hills really are alive!

Driving round New England is a great way to recover post marathon - last 2 nights in Vermont at the Trapp family lodge - where the real van Trapp family settled after fleeing Austria.

I had intended not running for the rest of the trip, but the trails beckoned. There are a bunch of Cross Country Skiing trails ( no snow currently) and Mountain Bike Trails which were great to jog around. 10k in TB style with plenty of walks and exploring. My legs have continued to be very sore after this marathon compared with most, but they warmed up nicely.

Today the right thigh/stress reaction is aching pretty badly, so I might need to go back to the plan of no running for a few weeks.

Meanwhile the diet of 3 cooked meals a day and plenty of wine should leave me needing to drop a few kgs when I get home. Back to the gym I guess.

5 comments:

Clown said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time. The amount of food that yoiu can eat over here is certainly insane, I'm scared to step on the scales. Hope the right thigh heals quickly for you.

DC64 said...

We went to Vermont and New Hampshire a lot when we livedin NJ, it's a beautiful part of the world. I found the Trapp stuff a little creepy (not sure why) when I realised it wasn't theme park but was real... hope you get to Ben and Jerry's, the best ice-cream in the world! Hope your leg recovers quickly ; ice-cream = dairy = calcium, so maybe B&J's would be a good idea!

Epi said...

Thanks Sugar,

Yes we went to Ben&Jerry's and my wife id now addicted to the stuff. We also went to Hershey's Chocolate world on the way back.

trailblazer777 said...

Exploring runs can be good...I reckon many runners should do more of them, but not all the time...when I was in USA in 2002 I also noticed that the food servings are heaps bigger than in Australia when you eat out. The sound of music hey...way to go with making the most of time there...

Anonymous said...

Mate almost sub 3 at Boston heres hoping you go Sub 3 again at the Perth...See ya there