Monday, September 17, 2007

Forgettable 5k

No joy yesterday at Gwelup - felt like crap
Had run a 5k timetrial on Tuesday in 19:50 at hard but controlled pace, eased down the rest of the week, but felt some niggles after a bold park run on Thurs - twisted ankle and mild iliopsoas strain.

LakeGwelup and I don't seem to agree - went through 4k in 16 min and felt very shinsplinty, leaden legs, so I called it a day at 5k in 20:15 or so.

Thats it for the running for a while- wisdom teeth out tomorrow, then recovery, then Nepal Sunday after next.

I agree with Widi that I seem to far better perform in the longer distances, and look forward to training long and slow through November leading up to Six Inch in December

4 comments:

Sling Runner said...

I feel your pain. Perhaps chance to re-coup and start the new season fresh after your Nepal trip.

On a separate note, I will be moving to Singapore late October. A new blog will be up and running shortly so we can still be in touch. Have a great trip!

Widi

homo said...

By now you should have had your surgery & I suspect you won't care about yesterday. Have a speedy recovery.
Lots of icecream and jelly for you, right?!
I'm sure the trip to Nepal will compensate for all the things that didn't go quite right this year.

We'll talk when you're back!

trailblazer777 said...

sometimes it doesnt work but it matters not that much

go get nepal!!!

R2B said...

Wisdom teeth out huh?
After 17 years thats a paradox.

Get well soon and enjoy your holiday.

Ps hello just trolling blogland.

R2B