Friday, November 17, 2006

Getting back

I've now had 2 weeks back running! Hooray!

After my PF I sprained my ankle running over a traffic island and was unable to run for a fortnight. Luckily it also gave me the rest I needed to gaet over my PF.

Ive run 50 k this week and 40k last week with only a mild ankle ache afterwards.

My pace has dropped - LT now 4:30 and I'd guess 10k time 43-44 mins currently. Did just 3x1k reps at 4min/k earlier in the week - really struggled.

Looking to build up the base a bit again and star in Jan with some races again.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

sounds good Epi.....you can't be at peak all year long...probably very good mentally and physically to have some time out...and then come back fresh for the new year...

homo said...

What an injury can do to you... a bit like a two-edged sword. Good to hear you're on the up.
We can look forward to a competitive year then.
Enjoy!