Saturday, March 04, 2006

Late Hot Summer (Autumn)

After the mild summer, autumn has hit with a vengeance. I did my long run this am, started 6.30am, took 2 bottles powerade, hiding one near the start of my Bold Park loop. It got hot quick - 30 by 8am and I decided to cut the run short at 2 hours, rather than 2.5.

The rest of the week was pretty good - MP session, hill session as my intense one for the week. Total should be 70km with tomorrow included. Wednesday morning I felt great - floated along on my slow run at 5.20 per km - 15-20sec faster than normal, with no real effort. I felt so good that I backed it up with a pm session (the hill run - 3x800m hill interval 5k pace as part of a total 11km session)

Its great to have the occasional day like that when you feel great - adds some joy to the running and suggests improvement.

Went to Subi library today and borrowed the Daniels training formula book as well as a Henderson running book - will go through them over the next couple of weeks.

I was planning on doing the 5k twilight run tomorrow with WAMC but will have to see what the weather is like - not worth it if things havent started cooling down by then. I was looking forward to seeing if running 36hrs post long run will impair my 5k performance much.

Needless to say Garmin hasnt arrived yet, Polar HRM still going blank during runs and Ipod still on the fritz. On the good side I have the long weekend off - much needed break from the stresses of work, and time with the missus.

No comments: