Friday, March 10, 2006

Lacking some motivation

i generally only post on the weekend, but I've really lacked some motivation this week and thought maybe writing it down might help.

The heat followed by humidity has taken its toll, combined with some family/social events mean I have lost some momentum. No run sun or mon (that rhymes!) then MP 10k tues, hill intervals wed, no run thurs and recovery run friday - only 30km in 6 days. I am finding it hard to break over the 60k/week average and unless i put running ahead of work/wife or family I'm not sure i'll be able to. But on the other hand, there really is enough time if you make it - get up half an hour earlier each day and add 35km to the weeks running.

i'm not sure i've achieved much by writing it down, will just need to see. Looking ahead I'm faced with the same old dilemna this weekend - race sunday or put in a good long run saturday, which is probably better for my marathon preparation given my weakness last year was endurance. i think i'll go the long run, try to do 2h30 plus, and wait til next week for the Darlington Half marathon.

No comments: