Sunday, March 19, 2006

Darlington HM

Very pleased with todays run. Quietish training week afer no long run last weekend, but did a very good Cruise/Mona Interval session on Thursday am.

Turned up a little later than planned as the Farmer Tunnel entrance was closed - had to go the long way round.

Knowing it was uphill the first 10.5k I held back, about 445 pace first half. Saw TNTR taking an easy run and asked if he'd pace me from about 8k onwards. This worked out well with halfway I think in 49:??, then a strong increase in pace in the second half - was only expecting 440s but was more like 430s (might need to grab the stats from TNTR) Nice to overtake a few runners on the back half - unusual for me. Developed a sudden quite severe stitch 1500m to go, forcing me to slow then stop (tried to run through it but was really bad). Luckily it lasted only about 2 minutes, got the pace back up and finished 1hr35:12 by my watch - a 4 minute PB from my first HM last year (Fremantle).

Many thanks to TNTR - great help to push me onwards. This run gives me a lot of confidence for my goals - sub3:30 marathon looks certain if I can go the distance, and after that maybe I can get close to 40min for 10k this year.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent!!! run. you are looking good...keep going in that direction and the sub 3.30 will be yours...