Sunday, October 26, 2008

Running Against the Wind

Having looked through the boring titles of my posts, I've decided to start naming my posts after songs relating to running.

Bob Seger's Against the Wind (1980) is a long time member of my IPod playlist and my favourite song of his. I've always thought of it as a comment on life and change, but interestingly Seger was a top level middle distance runner in highschool and stated that this was where the idea originated (Wikipedia (:)

Anyhoo, this song seemed appropriate for this week. Without whingeing too much I had a tough work week with 14hour days Thurs and Fri and 10hrs Sat, that completely threw me off both emotionally and in terms of getting runs in. I managed to squeeze only one run into these 3 days - at lunchtime.

Week 68km
Mon 10.4k @ 4:42 easy
Tues intervals 10x400, most at 79sec (see Clowns blog for the details)
Wed 10k @ 4:24 heart rate testing progression run
Thurs 10k @ 4:39 - midday hot and humid run

Sun 28.2k @ 4:55

This morning sent some redemption with the long run. I started 15min later (or 45min earlier) than usual due to daylight savings, and must have just missed Rob. Having run up to Kings Park I went on around the bridges. Felt great having had 2 days no running and pent up frustration from meetings/exams to vent. Could have pushed on over 30k

I'm still unsure on whether to run the track 10k on Friday night - will probably make the decision on the day, see how I feel

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Good to see a little creativity in the post title coming to the fore.
nice long run. interesting intervals.
good to see the daily km's ticking along...