Saturday, May 20, 2006

Winding it up again

ITBS seems to have said goodbye, so winding up again.

This week 10-13k runs Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri including some 1k intervalswith similar performane to 6 weeks ago - seems I havent lost anything but neither have I improved significantly.

This am long run 3hr5min - waiting for replacement Garmin so not sure of exact distance - GooglePedometer says 34.2k, but my prev experience is that I underestimate with this, esp on trails where it hard to get the frequent turns in - I'll settle for 35k.

Felt OK, didn't vary the pace much but middle section was quite hilly at Bold Park around the Zamia trail and othersm then the hill back up oceanic to come home gave me some HR surges. My last 3 30+ km runs have been pretty flat, so I'm happy with that. Also I didnt take a gel and drank only one powerade, so hopefully trained that fat metabolism pathway well.

Bought some skins on Friday, dodnt run in them but will keep them on for 24hrs post run and gauge recovery. Feel pretty good. As I said earlier - Garmin is being replaced by Al in US, hopefully arrives soon.

So 4x30+km runs so far. Plan from here:

28/5 Challenge10k plus 10-15 later in day
3or4/6 35k long run
11/6 Freo HM
18/6 LakeMonger10k plus 10-15later in day
25/6 Taper 15k with some at MP, prob over part of the course

Lets see how it pans out! Getting to the exciting end of the season. Will stick to Asics2100s as I've run in these (4 pairs) last 18months other than my brief failed trial of Brooks axiom. After the mara I might try a pair of lightweight shoes (?DSTrainers) for my sub40min 10k assault

Feeling a lot happier with my goals after last couple of posts, but wont set a target until the races in next few weeks let me know where I stand.

No comments: