Sunday, April 09, 2006

Life gets in the way

The best laid plans...
After a few races, the intention was to pump up the mileage. Tues-Thurs 10k each was a good start, with plans for 30k sat. Unfortunately my usually quiet oncall proved anything but. I was in til 11 on fri night and from 9 til 4 on sat.

Ok, postpone to Sun am. Then my better half developd gastro on sat night and I had very little sleep (cant complain - she had none).

Managed 26k on sunday evening, for a total of 65 for the week - but not exactly what I had planned - really need to wind up the long runs.

Going down to Busselton for Easter, and my Garmin should be here by then -so will have added incentive for training

Reading the efforts of some coolrunners in canberra marathon has boosted my motivation, sounds like a really good event, might be a future destination!

No comments: