Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter long run

Took my first break since last May - 4 nights in Busselton over Easter
No speed sessions this week but I put in my first long run - 33km in 3hrs on Saturday am. Ran 1st 10k in 5:29 pace, next 10k in 5:33 pace, next 5k in 5:38 pace - including stop to fill water bottle, then picked up to 5:10 pace for 25-30Km and last 3k in 4:53/km.

Very happy with the run, Garmin helped immeasurably, and amazingly i felt great at the end despite winding up the pace. Spent the afternoon wine tasting with no ill effects - gotta be happy with that!

This gives me a lot of confidence for my marathon plan, hope to run a few more 30k plus runs in the next 2 and a half months.

Weeks total was 70km, recovery run this am felt a little stiff and sore, but did 11km at 5:15pace to complete a really enjoyable weekend.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

The Garmin and the 33K sounds great!