Sunday, April 23, 2006

Chicken or the egg?

Tough week this week - early days a hangover from the long easter run, then some shin pain. I bought new shoes which seemed to remedy this

Saturday went for another long run, 27km in 2 and a half hours, but felt leaden in the legs and really had to work hard from 20-27km to keep running. HR got a little higher than usual for LR too.
Sat pm I started to feel flu'ey - sore throat, aches and pains, lethargic. Not sure whether this was why my long run was so hard, or if the effort of the long run det off the illness. Either way its rest for me and hopefully get over it quickly.

The good thing is that I've put together some good long run progression. HM/26k/10k race/26k/33k/27k over last 6 weekends. This is really building my confidence for long runs. As long as I'm well recovered I'm keen to run the 20miler next weekend at an even 5min/km pace as a test for my training progress.

As for the Garmin - I love it, love the satellite pics, graphs, current pace/distance/HR etc, the ultimate running gadget!

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Sounds like you are going extremely well...the garmin sounds like a very interesting gadget...
Excellent base in place already with still just over 2 months to go...