Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slowly Slowly

Main reason to post this week is to give a shout out to Clown - congrats on the massive 10k PB - a long overdue race reward for great training form, and hopefully a big step forward in your running.

My week was similar to last - 60k in 5 runs, all easy, still lacking rhythm - I feel uncoordinated at the moment. There are some minor niggles in the return to more regular running, but the thigh pain is behaving itself.

Surprisingly my best 2 runs were in Nike LunarGlides - the Boston special editions which I bought more as a casual shoe than a runner. I'm running in them without my orthotics (unheard of) They are extremely light for such a stable shoe - probably as light as a DS trainer, but in my case even lighter because I dont need the orthotics (when I tried them I felt my foot was being pushed too far into supination)

3 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Is it the shoes! cool shoes! sounds good. keep at it. Mm entries open this week. whats your 2010 goal/s?

Clown said...

Thanks mate.

Glad to hear you're still taking it easy but getting out there and doing some km's. Really interesting re the shoes and no orthotics.

Sling Runner said...

I wore Nike Lunar Trainer, which is a sister of Lunar Glide for my long runs and considering to get Nike Lunar Racer for marathons. They are so light but cushy at the same time.

I think Nike has got it right with this Lunar technology.