Sunday, May 09, 2010

R&R






Three weeks post Boston and I've really enjoyed the Rest and Relaxation. This is probably the most true rest I've had for some time. Although I missed a lot of running at the start of the year, I was very mentally focussed on running and rehab, and did a lot of non running exercise/rehab.

The last 3 weeks I've done very little, and very little cross training. I flew back in to Perth Sunday and went back to work monday - so a week of jetlag and catchup work meant I didn't have time or energy to exercise - a good rest for my femur (although it still aches at night suggesting the stress fracture hasn't fully healed yet)

Boston photos attached!

5 comments:

homo said...

Very nice pictures. Two questions:

1. Where did you get the T-Shirt from?
2. Where iPods allowed? I thought they had been banned from Boston?

Epi said...

Thanks Henry,

The top was just a NikePro singlet from the discount rack at harbourtown. It was actually a large skintight type but hung off my medium frame. I went down to a photo store at the local shops who have a sign saying they print onto t-shirts and got the lafy to put the words in Green as large as she could whilst still leaving room for the race number. It only cost $20-30 from memory. I thought she did a pretty good job - it was easily readable from a distance from the cheering I received.

There is no rule against Ipods at Boston although they dont encourage them. In the end I never turned it on and wouldn't wear one at another big city marathon

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent! pics. Innovative move there with the shirt, very cool. I reckon the Ipod headphones makes you look like you might be security for some diplomat or the President or something.

Well earned R n R! Hope the injuries heal up well, now is a good time to take it easy and get them right. All the best with that and enjoy taking it easy for awhile but hopefully not for too long...

Anonymous said...

Mate almost sub 3 at Boston heres hoping you go Sub 3 again at the Perth...See ya there

Anonymous said...

Mate almost sub 3 at Boston heres hoping you go Sub 3 again at the Perth...See ya there