Sunday, June 28, 2009

All the hard work is done

Taper week - 65k@4:20

Monday 10.1k@4:10 - fairly consistent effort - felt great after my week off
Tues 10.2k@ 3:51 - 5k tempo 4:06/3:53/3:46/3:44/3:44 - 19:19
1min break then 2k 3:42/3:38
1min break then 1k 3:38
1min break then 2k home 4:20/3:57
This felt surprisingly controlled

Wed 10.8k@4:09 - didnt feel great - took a little walk at half way
Thurs off
Fri 7.8k@4:24 - easy
Sat10.3k@4:24 - easy
Sun 16k@4:47 - gentle run in the breezy conditions with Homo and Clown - resisted the temptation to farther or faster

So... light runs <10k Tues,Wed,Fri this week.
The plan on Sunday is out in 88:XX and take things from there

Rob, Henry and I will be having a pasta dinner Friday probably at Valdarno in Dalkeith at 7pm - if anyone wants to come and shoot the breeze, let me know.

Good luck all with the last taper week.

6 comments:

homo said...

Having me around today made it pretty easy to resist any temptation - both in speed and distance.
Let's just hope that any wind next week is not going to be too gusty.

Sling Runner said...

Some great runs you have there especially the Tuesday session. I wouldn't be surpised if you run 2:58 and under.

trailblazer777 said...

Impressive times on that Tuesday session!
Well done on slowing things down on the 16k...(flat out for me that pace atm), if my course aint short (which it might be), my 12k today at 4.45 was similiar...
Henry is way ahead of me though, and Clown and yourself especially in a different galaxy timewise at the moment...I'm scheduled for 1600-0000 at work on the Friday in Vic Park, otherwise I'd be at Valdernos.
Agree with Sling, won't be surprised if you hit 2.58 or better...

All the best on July 5th. see you out there...

DC64 said...

All the best for Sunday, hopefully the weather will cooperate - it looks promising. I'm sure both you and clown will hit your goal ; you certainly deserve to...

Biscuitman said...

Good luck on Sunday. I think your planned pace for the first half is spot on. Let us know what your race number is when you pick it up. My wife and kids will be out and about on the course following our relay team and I'm sure would like to give you a cheer.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Epi....

Gunner