Monday, May 21, 2012

4 weeks to marathon

So, 4 weeks to go 'til Perth marathon. It was a bit of a nothing week this week, spent much of it battling gastrointestinal issues unfortunately.

Total 136k

Mon 10k recovery
Tues am 16k with 5x800m@5k effort - pace a bit disappointing, not much different to tempo pace
Tues pm 8k recovery
Wed am 24k medium long run @4:40s approx
Thus off - struggling a bit with the stomach
Fri am 24k medium long run@ 4:30s
Sat am 12.5k back to the hills of Bold park
Sat pm 9.5k recovery in Hattoris/barefoot
Sun am 32k@4:28 solo long run on my old coast/Hale Rd course

This week should see a drop in mileage prior to HBF Run 4 A Reason on Sunday (14k). I'm told I should nail this one! although I'm not entirely sure. I'm keen not to put mental pressure or expectations on it lest it affect my mindset leading into the marathon, so it'll be a 'take it as it comes' scenario.

2 comments:

DB on the run said...

hows the plantar fasc?!

trailblazer777 said...

See you in 3 weeks??? Caught up with Clown in the week at morning intervals. On race day the real questions get answered. That 40k you guys did was impressive. I see Nate did a 38k this week at 4.30 per K, BK banked a 2.59 at Bunbury and he is going for his 8th, I'll be back for my 9th I hope, so it will a bit like a school reunion in a few weeks time...A few of the old guard looking for a PB or another finish. Every time I drive past the Raffles on the freeway, I feel the day coming closer this month...