Sunday, February 21, 2010

Top of the wazza

Better week - 80k@4:39

Mon 10k@4:50
Tues 9k including 5x1k intervals. 3:41/3:35/3:44/3:39 final one only 500m
Wed 10k@4:40
Thurs rest
Friday 12k with 6k tempo. Garmin out of battery so not sure of pace. Expectations exceeded ability inthis one as I thought of last years 20k tempo efforts
Sat 10k@4:50
Sun 30k@4:44. Sore knee after saturday run made me wuss out on running with Biscuitman - decided to stay closer to home in case things went awry.

First 5k in 4:55s until I met Clown, running at his fast clip we went up to 4:30's or so for the next 6k then slowed down to 4:40-4:45s for the rest. Felt surprisingly good for the first 25k, then struggled a bit to the finish

So the mileage has really picked up, and although the knee swells and pains after the run, it's generally well behaved whilst I'm running. I must admit to breaking my self imposed rule and took an anti-inflammatory yesterday, may explain today's pain free effort

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Fantastic effort. Excellent week. All the best with keeping the knee on track. icepacks are the best way to go. I iced my consistently inflamed knee this weekend. the 1k reps pretty good, as is every other session. You are gathering momentum...

Biscuitman said...

Nice on - glad things seem to be on track. Don't be afraid to take extra rest/recovery to stay in front of the knee injury though.

We did 26km @ 4.22/km average. Probably ranged between 4.05 - 4.35 pace over the course or the run.