Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tempus Fugit

Only 9 weeks 'til Boston!

55km in 4:40 this week

The week started badly - lasted 300m on Monday morning before having to turn back with pain under the kneecap (the aftereffect of my longer sunday run)

Tuesday 11k easy@4:45
Wednesday (pm) 11k with 5k@4:05 and 2k@4:00
Thurs (pm) 11k easy @4:45
Friday rest
Saturday 22k@4:40 - ran along the river to the belltower and back. Was briefly tempted to venture up into Kings Park but decided to play it safe. Took only one break at 16k mark - happy with that.

This morning I kept time at the Point Walter run, seeing Clown and Biscuitman both run 5k PBs although both would seem to have room to improve on these.

I trialled my new Socceroos shirt (EBay) this week as a potential Boston shirt - it's the lightest of any of the Green&Gold shirts I've come across although still fairly baggy and heavy compared to running specific shirts - we'll see how it goes on a less humid day

4 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

going well ! Monday is a good option for a rest day anyway. I was hoping to make it to Pt Walter, but didnt. Keep at it.

Clown said...

Thanks for timekeeping today I hope you knocked a few seconds off :).

Glad to hear things are going well, solid tempo run done.

I may get my work to get their suppliers to do me up a running shirt in either green and gold or with Aussie flag on.

Nate said...

Good to see you getting back into it Craig. All the best for the Boston Plans - sounds awesome!

Sling Runner said...

Hi Epi, regarding your question about my threshold pace: my coach prescribes different threshold pace depending on the session. If the session is 5-10mins intervals, then the threshold pace is a tad slower than 10k pace (for me 3.55-4:00). If the session is sustained run type (like 6-10k), then it will be done a HM pace (for me 4:00-4:10)