Sunday, December 06, 2009

In two minds

regarding Six Inch.

On the downside:
  • I have a persistent (Khumbu) cough and nasal/sinus congestion still present now 2 weeks after return from Nepal.
  • My Resting HR is still not down where it should be.
  • I'd not run more than 21k since the C2S Marathon in August (until today)
  • As previously documented, I am unlikely to be able to hold myself back on the day
  • Running may cause a significant 'bump' in my base training for Boston, or at worst an injury
  • Tiff would like me to attend the family XMas party on the saturday after bailing at 8pm the last 2 years

On the upside:
  • I managed 6 runs totalling 88k this week without major issues
  • I ran 28k today feeling pretty good
  • Running SixInch last year really launched my good year
  • I enjoy supporting the race as it grows, and enjoy the race day itself

This week -

Mon, Wed,Fri, Sat 10k each at easy pace (4:30-4:45)
Tues pm 19k@ 4:24 through Kings Park
Sun am 28.2k@4:40 through Kings Park

Today went off at 6am - was already 20degrees, but cooler than yesterday, was 25 at the finish.
Brief drink stop at 13k, toilet stop at 24k only, ran solidly the whole way and felt I could have run 5k more at that pace. Recovered well.

Right now I really am undecided. I'll see how this week goes health and running wise, see what the weather forecast ends up being, see if Clown is up to running (wasn't looking promising last I heard), and see what quality wine is being consumed at the party!

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Thats a good week of training!

Hope the cough and sinus congestion clears up. Maybe try a salt spray or just go surfing one day. Honey is good too.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
at this stage I will be finishing work at midnight the night b4 6 inch unless I can get a shift swap, so figure as long as friday night is a decent sleep am ok, although with my rep of slow times I have nothing to lose anyway. I'd be recommending you keep the wine to a minimum. Christmas gatherings an issue for all of us.
6 inch becoming more of a family event now with the 11k race, and more spouses, and family support, nice place for a stroll,picnic etc although I doubt my 3 months pregnant wife will be there this year with 2 year old.
Hope you can make it.

all the best with whatever you choose.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.