Sunday, November 23, 2008

We Run This

Missy Elliot 2006. To paraphrase Mr Burns, 'I'm no music critic, but I know what I hate... and I don't hate this.'

I'm quite hppy with this week given my illness. Felt like crap until Thursday, so I put on the HRM and tried to run with HR under 150. This resulted in some fairly slow times.

Tues pm 13.3k @ 5:06. The last 3k had to be at 5:25s to keep the HR down
Wed pm 13.3k @ 5:12. Even slower!
Fri am 11.1k @ 5:02 - starting to feel brighter
Sat am 28.4k (approx) - long run on same course (sixinch) as a couple of weeks ago, with Rob. We headed out quite a bit quicker than last time, and I felt OK until the 18k mark. Then I felt I was pushing too hard and we took plenty of breaks on the return. Took a wrong turn on the way back but could see the error on the map and ended up running about the same distance.

Sun am 13.1k @ 4:59. Slightly higher HR in the second half than earlier runs in the week kept a very consistent 5min/k pace throughout. Felt surprisingly good after the hills of yesterday - was glad we took the second half fairly easy.

Hopefully can return to normal this week, although I am going to wear my HRM for all slow runs and enforce a low HR policy. This should allow me to up the km's and not get sick. If you notice me speeding up in the slow runs, feel free to tell me about it.

Edit... Clown found the Sat run very easy - he even had time to fall over a couple of times. I am definitely the underdog.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

cool to see the musical theme continuing. Sounds like a pretty excellent recon run there with Rob, and recovered well. Well done on keeping the K's up despite the unwellness. Smart move to monitor the heart rate. hope the momentum keeps gathering.