Sunday, August 13, 2006

Flat

Poor performance by Epi these last 3 weeks. Changed jobs , partly to reduce workload and instead have found myself working more hours than ever, and letting training suffer. 7 runs in 3 weeks.

Was going to run Joondalup 10k this am, but sore throat, wet weather and generally feeling unmotivated led me to stay in bed.

I really need to fire up my motivation again, force myself to run in the early mornings, as evenings a really out of the equation now, and remember the reason I changed jobs was to work less, stress less and have a life outside work.

I've entered and paid for C2s, so I will run it barring significant illness.

I need to find a 'hook', motivation to train more. Strict training scheduled sessions hasnt worked, so maybe back to 'joy of running' - more freeform sessions, run the session that the body feels like on the day. I thought the sub40 10k goal would sustain me, but right now I couldn't care less.

Enough whining, next post will be brighter.

EPI

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Hey Epi stick with it man...
things are are often a bit flat mentally after the big buildup and focus of the marathon...

All the best with finding sessions that work with the new job...sometimes the "better hours" on first impressions are not as good as they seem at first...

homo said...

Hi Epi -
Think of it as a trough in the biorhythm, it'll get better again. Any plans apart from the C2S? I'll be there as well, btw, and I'll also do the Perth Half. My training for Rotto is coming along, although I'm fairly relaxed about it and won't be heart-broken if it doesn't work. We'll all be going to Rotto anyway and in the worst case I'll volunteer :-).
Hang in there and don't feel guilty about lack of training - it'll happen by itself.
As to the 305, what a marvellous toy it is, but the Mac has its limitations. There is a trial version of Motionbased which is kinda neat, although the free version has its limitations. The Training Center will only become available later in the year and I don't think there will ever be a version of Sportstrack. Some software exists though. There is a good site which lists the most important SW: http://highearthorbit.com/routebuddy-gps-on-mac/
Despite the limitations, I am happy with the 305 and have not regretted it. The 101 is gathering dust.

Cheers,
Henry