Sunday, March 16, 2014

Darlington HM 2014

Not a lot of consistent running since my last post - 4 week holiday with cruise - max 70km per week and an achilles injury which has hampered me a bit, as well as a flu.

I've been back running OK last couple of weeks and thought I'd see where things stand with this one.

My aim was to run the first half (uphill) in 4:00 average and was only just behind that, then come back down the hill a bit quicker.

Not alot to report - things went just this way for a 1:22:35.

Achilles didn't really bother me but the legs did feel the lack of distance and I didn't have much left in the final couple of km, overtaken by a couple of guys right near the end.

Long way back to my peak form, hopefully I can get in a consistent pattern over the next 2 months.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trailblazer777 said...

Well done! on the 82min half. A good option to see you are at. Good to hear the achilles has settled so far. A couple of months before the opportunity comes to join the Spartan club (I am number 104 so I think there is 104 of us in the first 35 years of the race). Sometimes just getting to the start line ready to go the distance is the most important goal and sub 3 or sub 2.50, or sub 2.45 may be secondary goals. BK is also on track to join the Spartan Club, and his goal is to go sub 2.40, but at Rotto last year I think he just wanted to win, and was unfortunate not to do so. All the best with building the momentum, with the base that you have over the last 9years+, you should find that you are only a consistent 3-6weeks away from PB condition... I think the seasoned runner can peak quicker and easier because the leg strength is already there and the body is already well setup to go, so only a few small changes needed to peak again. Obviously the achilles and other priorities need to be manage carefully, but hope you go for it, you may have some fantastic results if you can build the momentum in the coming weeks, months... Bridges 10k? Go hard!