Monday, September 06, 2010

Treading water

I felt i should post an update, but to be honest there's not much to add

Since my last post I have moved house, so my priorities have been other than running. I managed to get out and watch the City to Surfers pass by, as documented by others it was a tough day all round.

I've not managed to lift beyond the 70km per week, no quality session mark over the last 4 weeks. The aftereffects of a viral infection, some lingering aches at the site of my stress fracture and the demands of setting up a new house have prevented a stepping up that I'd been half-heartedly considering.

My average paces still sit 4:35MIN/KM, althoug in the last week my average run has changed from flat around the river to hilly through Bold park, so i hope that maintaining the pace represents a real improvement in fitness by a few seconds.

On the days when i dont feel viral my running actually feels really smooth and fun. The negative is that the longest run has been 22km.

I've paid for my fares to melbourne though, so I'll be there and may well head out at 3hr pace for the first half and see how long I hold on. I'm probably no worse prepared than Boston (3;01), but far worse than C2S 2009 (2:57)

3 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Great news. Assumming I am healthy, we can together!

Clown said...

Good stuff, glad the house is in order.

Will try and catch up for a run in the next couple of weeks.

trailblazer777 said...

Excellent news re MM, and well done on the move. Great to see you at c2S. All the best with easing into something good. Melbourne is quite an experience!