Sunday, January 21, 2007

Christchurch 12k

First runs on the board for the year of the Bond!

Nice to see I'm where I thought I was at, pace wise

Mild hangover today - had a very nice dinner at Chapter One last night, drank too much red as usual (frighteningly looking back at my old posts this is a recurring theme - need to drink less Sat nights)

12k (12.11 by Garmin) in 51.34, just under my aim of 52/ 4:20 kms. First 6 in 25:31, 2nd 6 in 25:39 it was very even paced with only one km over the 4:20 pace.

So 2 minutes better than last year is a pleasing start. Next race in 3 weeks matilda Bay 10k - should be 42:xx by todays effort.

1 comment:

homo said...

It was indeed a pleasant start to the year. My calfs are quite sore now though.
If that is what too much red does to you, I want some of that stuff, too!
See you soon!
Henry